Editor's Note: Lots of independent research, reading, and
familiarity with the field have gone into this website. And I am deeply
indebted to all the many, many researchers who have done research on
feminism, women, and literature. Numerous fans and writers have also
contributed by correcting errors, passing on information, and generally
working to keep the site up to date. However, some sources have been
exceptionally useful for identifying resources for the page,
fact-checking, or just providing all kinds of biographical /
bibliographical data. These are acknowledge below. This is of course an
incomplete list even of the works that I have used heavily, but it is a
- Legions of Internet Surfers. Lots of individual
e-mails. December 1994 - (present).
- Anthologies: tables of contents & introductory essays of all
- Duchamp, L. Timmel. "Science
Fiction and Utopias by Women, 1818-1949: A Chronology"
- Moskowitz, Sam. When Women Rule. Walker and Company:
New York, 1972. Bibliography of (mostly anti-feminist) stories
about matriarchies; also included an introductory essay with lots
of other citations to material up to the 1950s.
- Uranian Worlds: A Guide to Alternative Sexuality in Science
Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. Eric Garber and Lyn Paleo. 2nd
Edition, G. K. Hall, Boston, 1990.
- LOCUS Online Directory, especially for contents of
SF and Fantasy Alternate Sexuality Listing
- Schlobin, Roger. Urania's Daughters: A Checklist of Women
Science Fiction Writers, 1692-1982
- Yntema, Sharon, editor. More Than 100 Woman Science Fiction
Writers: An Annotated Bibliography, Updated Edition. Freedom,
California: The Crossing Press (1988, 1990).
- Other Bibliographies,
Checklists, and Review Articles
We welcome your comments, suggestions,
and offers of assistance.
Please be patient while waiting for us to
get back to you.
These pages are edited and maintained at http://www.feministsf.org/
by Laura Quilter.